The RIBOPROTECT Hu RNase Inhibitor Lyo-Ready is a 50 kDa recombinant human placental protein expressed in Escherichia coli, in a special formulation (without glycerol). It inhibits ribonuclease (RNase) activity of common eukaryotic enzymes such as RNase A, RNase B, RNase C by non-covalent binding in a 1:1 ratio. RIBOPROTECT Hu is intended for use in applications where the presence of RNases may cause a hazard to RNA quality and experiment results, e.g. in RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, RT-LAMP, in vitro transcription and translation, or RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation. RIBOPROTECT Hu shows no activity towards RNase 1, RNase T1, RNase T2, S1 nuclease, and RNase H. It is compatible with DNA Polymerases and AMV or M-MuLV Reverse Transcriptases. Formulation of RIBOPROTECT Hu RNase Inhibitor Lyo-Ready enables its usage directly in the lyophilization process.
Features and advantages
• Formulation without glycerol for efficient freeze-drying
• High functionality after lyophilization and reconstitution
• Stable at 37°C for at least 4 weeks with no loss of activity
• Fully stable for at least 6 hours in 50°C
• Completely inhibits RNase A, RNase B, and RNaseC activity
• Possibility of single-reaction or in-bulk lyophilization process
• No influence on the polymerase or reverse transcriptase activity
• Free of DNase and RNase activity
• Active in diverse reaction conditions and in various buffers
• Active over a broad range of pH and DTT
• High concentration formulation available (100 kU/ml)
Please contact us at for specific academic pricing.
The RIBOPROTECT Hu RNase Inhibitor Lyo-Ready is a thermally-resistant RNase Inhibitor in a glycerol-free version, dedicated for lyophilization. The perfect solution for lyophilized qPCR mixes development, RIBOPROTECT remains highly active after lyophilization and is compatible with various additives (see pictures below). Efficiently inhibits ribonuclease activity of common RNases as RNase A, RNase B, RNase C.
Application DescriptioncDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, RT-LAMP
Optimal RNA protection in lyophilized diagnostic kits
RNA isolation and purification
in vitro transcription and translation
RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation